Qualities of a Good Teacher Video by U2bianSynic
25 Things Successful Teachers Do Differently
- Who was your favorite teacher? Why? Who was your least favorite? Why?
- How do you think your students will remember you?
- What do you like about teaching? (besides vacation time)
- What have been the highlights (and lowlights) of your teaching career?
- What are the qualities of a good teacher?
- What qualities make YOU a good teacher?
- What are your greatest strengths & weaknesses as a teacher?
The Candle Problem
Daniel Pink, author of Drive, on the power of intrinsic motivation
Adam Grant on the Staying Motivated as a Teacher
- Brad Patterson's 7 things you should let go of to become a happier teacher
- Marisa Constantinides' Summary of an ELTChat on Helping Colleagues with teacher burnout
- How much of your activity as a teacher is guided by intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation?
- How much of your students’ activities are guided by intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation?
- How has your passion for teaching changed over the years?
- How do you try to maintain your passion aor teaching?
- What are the biggest obstacles to staying motivated and passionate as a teacher?
- How might you overcome these obstacles?
- Is it important to you that you continue to improve as a teacher? If so, how do you do it?
- What factors determine whether you have a ‘good day’ at work or a ‘bad day’?
- What can you do inside and outside of the classroom to avoid ‘teacher burnout’?
- What advice would you give to beginning teachers about how to avoid burnout and have an enjoyable career as a teacher?